Friday, January 25, 2019

The Danger of Loneliness

105.

"Well I have no idea how to operate a boat." Demurra and Doris were confused by the boat Demurra had sweet talked the dock worker into giving them. It looked like a pretty good boat, but neither one even knew what to do with it.

"Don't look at me I'm a summer Elf we don't hang with water." Demurra sighed, she didn't to have to convince an unwitting party again to help them, but she also didn't want to be sitting there on the docks while Clarissa was in danger.

"God this is the stupidest shit I've ever been involved with." Demurra got out of the boat and stomped back to the dock...

****

"Madness is here." The sailor's clothes were half torn off his body, cut marks adorned his arms from where he'd tried unsuccessfully to kill himself with a plastic butter knife.

"Are you the only one left?" Gilbert felt sorry for the kid, he looked like he was barely over twenty.

"Left? No, trapped, no way out, it wants me here, torments me, won't let me leave." The smell coming from him was overpowering, it was how Clarissa and Gilbert caught him in the first place.

"What does it want?" Clarissa didn't like the sailor, something about him felt off, like he wasn't real and this was another trick by the forest.

"Nothing," He laughed, all off kilter and crazy "But I can be free now." Gilbert didn't notice he'd slipped one of the ropes they put on him. In a quick motion he grabbed Gilbert's revolver and killed himself. The loud bang reverberated in the ship leaving Gilbert and Clarissa partially deaf. They stood there over the dead body for a bit while their ears cleared.

"So we're fucked right?"

"Mega fucked, I do have five more bullets though." Gilbert smiled, and Clarissa mustered up one herself.

"Well at least I'm stuck on a ship in the middle of hell fog with you Gilbert."

"I'd rather not be as well, but if I had to be you're a good companion for this too." They hugged each other, just clinging on to the fact there was hope for a little while.

****

"You're the worst." Doris had been insulting Demurra for the past twenty minutes ever since she'd taken the ability to drive a boat from the young man near the dock.

"Look what I did to him is not permanent and he got something out of it, win win."

"Says the demon."

"Former demon, and judge not lest ye be judged elf, you're thoughts are not so guarded."

"I hate this so much I don't know why I agreed to help you." Demurra didn't comment, she just kept following where she could feel Clarissa was, though she was getting worried how instead of getting a stronger feeling for her, it was getting weaker by the minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment