Friday, May 3, 2019

Sub Mistakes

119.

"I believe we had this conversation once general, and I believe what I said at the time was 'leave sunken ghost ships lie'." Gilbert was tossing a baseball in his office. He had a book open to a picture of a german uboat labeled U-65.

"I don't need the history lesson Dunkley, I need you to make your way to London."

"The navy can't handle it?"

"You know me and the navy aren't on speaking terms, and their team can't handle this, I need my best guy, the US government is willing to pay as part of our NATO commitments."

"Don't the british have their own whatever?"

"Ok Dunkley they don't believe me the sub got loose, they think someone stole it for scrap." Gilbert sighed.

"And so I won't even have military back up to take down the thing."

"It's most likely not going to be armed Gilbert, its a ghost ship."

"Ghost warship, and god knows what since its been on the bottom of the ocean for decades General."

"For me please Gilbert, I'm asking a personal favor, I've arranged for a ship it'll be fine, just find UB-65, for me." Gilbert sighed long and hard, he didn't want to go to England, nor go looking for a sub from world war fucking 1, but he couldn't ignore that innocent people could be hurt if he just did nothing.

"Let me find my passport, you owe me general, you really owe me." Gilbert hung up and stared at the picture of the sub U-65. A god damn modern day ghost ship run by a crew of the damned who went missing a century ago. This was going to be a very bad week.

****

"England! This is going to be awesome." Clarissa was decidedly less upset about having to travel abroad to chase down a ghost ship.

"This is a work trip remember that, also we'll be on the sea for most of it, so it'll be probably cold as all get out."

"Why do you have to like Gilbert up every fun thing? Why can't I enjoy the moment?"

"Did you really just use my first name as a verb?"

"Don't Gilbert this Gilbert." He sighed and buckled himself into his plane seat, he never really liked flying anymore despite having started in the air force, it was one of those funny quirks of life. Like a paramedic who didn't like blood.

"I just hope we don't get attacked by a griffon or something."

"Those are real??" Clarissa's eyes were lit up.

"Honestly I don't even know anymore Clarissa, I don't even know."

No comments:

Post a Comment