Friday, January 24, 2020

Roy The Dragon

157.

"Everyone always wants to know where a dragon comes from, no one ever asks how a dragon winds up Wyoming." Roy had set out some coffee and crackers on his coffee table, Clarissa was hesitant to eat food from a supernatural creature.

"Well one does seem like the more interesting question."

"Dragons are born like anything else, we live, and then we fuck up and end up in a shit place like Wyoming."

"Can't you just leave?"

"No, even if I wanted to, by order of the dragon council I must remain here, sure I can vacation, or visit other places, but I must return here within a few days or face their wrath." Clarissa was confused by everything in what he said, especially the Dragon Council part.

"Dragon Council? Why would you be banished to Wyoming." Roy leaned back and put his feet up on the table.

"Well I kind of tried to overthrow the council, instead of killing me they banished me here a fate worse than death. Though none of this has anything to do with why there is a hell portal on my property."

"You say there is a hell portal on your property, we still haven't found that yet." Roy sighed.

"True maybe I just brought you here to lament its hard to be a dragon."

"Not exactly a therapist, but eh you're paying my fee." At that they both laughed. They didn't know what to say, so they both drank coffee and sat in Roy's living room. Clarissa noticed he didn't have a tv or a pc anywhere, she figured dragon's must like books.

"Do you smell that?" Roy seemed to be slightly alarmed when he stood up.

"Nah I have a cold or something I can't smell anything, what's it smell like."

"Sulfur." Clarissa got up off the couch and took up her bow, she had a couple arrows she knew would work against something from hell, but she wasn't sure that's what this was. Something about this whole situation felt wrong in a way she couldn't put her finger on.

"Where?"

"All around us? I can't make it out specifically." Clarissa went to the front door and saw a rather large looking portal surrounded by demons.

"Yeah that's a portal to hell why didn't you tell me you had one?" Roy laughed a little bit despite also being scared, Dragons were not immortal by any means and creatures from hell tended to bring a lot of things low.

"So what am I looking at here?"

"Well one portal, fifteen demons, I'm thinking at least five grand."

"Five grand? That's extortion."

"That's business Roy, I mean if you like I could just leave the portal here?"

"Fine fine, just I want a cashback guarantee no more demons or portals to hell for at least five years."

"3 years."

"Deal."

No comments:

Post a Comment