Friday, February 16, 2018

Rank Betrayal

57.

Ms. Parker smiled as she saw Clarissa. Clarissa looked haggard. Her clothing was partially replaced with jungle parts and her face was covered in Mud. She had her bow, but the arrows looked to be also replaced.

"You left me here for three fucking months you awful person."

"I'm not a person, I'm a dragon, and I came to get you, you should be thankful I could have left you here indefinitely."

"You also lied to me. She was a person, a lizard person, but a person." Parker snarled.

"Low born swine lizard people are, and she's an attempted assassin darling, never forget these creatures are deadly even if they can in theory speak though I doubt such a gutteral being ever learned speech." Clarissa was angry about how Parker spoke about Izu, the level of disdain in her voice was palpable.

"Well she's dead now so can I go now?"

"Not yet darling stop being in such a rush, show me her body I want to see the corpse of the thing that attacked me." Clarissa sighed and lead Parker through the jungle. It took an hour to reach the site of a waterfall, there was green blood leading up to a cliff.

"Well that's where she went down, she and I had been waging a war here, but I got her here, and over the side she went." Parker frowned, looking to the cliff she could see no body.

"I said a body my dear, not where you think you killed her." She turned to face Clarissa and took three arrows to the face.

"I'm not climbing down there to find her body, if you want it you do it, but for me I just want to go home." Parker sighed and waved her hand, a portal emerged in ether.

"Fine my darling fine, you can go I'll send a servant to..." Clarissa fired three arrows into Parker before she could finish admonishing the girl, Izu emerged from the river where she'd been hiding and lopped her head off and kicked her body off the cliff and into the underbrush below.

"Good lord that darling crap is annoying." Clarissa doubted the dragon killing plan Izu had would work, she couldn't doubt the result.

"Quick before the portal closes." Izu and Clarissa leapt through the portal and found themselves along side the highway outside of Ellensburgh, it was freezing as both women were dressed for the jungle, and it was very much winter.

"I don't get it we've been in there months, how is it still winter?"

"Maybe its a late winter?" Clarissa was about to respond when a hearse pulled up to them.

"It's a bit cold to be dressed for an anime convention girls." Clarence Timms was a surprise for Clarissa to see, but she was happy of all people to run across Izu and herself it was someone at least associated with Gordon.

"Long story Revered can we get a ride?"

"Yes you can, in fact I was going to see your boss, come on in."

****

"I'm still confused by this Miss Parker." Parker sat in the back of her limo smiling. Her associate Richards some kind of troll kin that Parker never understood or cared to ask about sat nervously across from her.

"The exterminator knew what I was, it was worth it to throw her off that I'm still around."

"You think she'll tell Dunkley?"

"Probably, not that it matters, what he's got will kill him soon enough, there's a reason I never go into those forests."

"And then?"

"And then we kill his assistant and assume no one will get in the way of our plan Darling, inform the rest of the council to proceed as planned." Richards left and Parker smiled to herself, briefly touching the place where the lizard creature had beheaded her. She could imagine all kinds of awful things to do to the creature and Clarissa, and couldn't wait to show them.

No comments:

Post a Comment