Friday, August 24, 2018

The Breaker

84.

"It's cute you think you could keep a secret from me of all creatures." Demurra had arrived with some balm to help Clarissa with her arm. She said it would help with the sling itching, something that Clarissa had started to have trouble with that morning.

"Do you ever wish you could turn it off?"

"Every day, its just one of those things where you'd wish to not know what everyone who sees you thinks or feels toward you, its personally draining living life looking like I do hearing the honest thoughts of everyone, if I hadn't been a demon I'd probably go back to being one."

"Ok so I hate to be that person..."

"But Gilbert made a deal with the devil and you want to know how to get out of it, I have no idea really."

"But you were a demon."

"Different ball of wax being a demon and being the boss."

"Oh the fallen still thinks of me as the boss that's sweet." The devil himself had arrived, dressed in a fancy suit and with a little name tag that said 'hello my name is Lucifer'. Clarissa pulled a revolver out from a side holster Gilbert had showed her once.

"Stay back Satan."

"Cute, like anything in that gun could do any harm to me, but I do love the effort, sit." Clarissa didn't want to sit, but was horrified at the devil's mentioning it, she was compelled to.

"This doesn't concern you fallen." And with a wave of his hand Demurra was gone. "She seems nice, though you have to always wonder if the feelings are genuine or if its just the hunger."

"What do you want?"

"To explain my side of this, apparently you and Gilbert are mistaken in my goals and this hurts me I thought Gilbert and I had a nice conversation. Also to reiterate if you break our deal you'll wish getting thrown into hell was the least of the things I can do to you." He said it with a smile, but the malice in the words made it clear Lucifer did not think he should be fucked with ever.

"That clears it up."

"I hope so, it was pleasant to meet you Clarissa, shame about the arm, but exterminating business is dangerous, maybe too dangerous for you," He smiled and went towards the door, "Maybe it would be best if you quit while you're behind." The devil left and Clarissa waited to see if he'd return briefly, and then called Gilbert.

"So you're fucked."

"This I was already aware of, I take it Demurra didn't have anything good to say."

"The devil himself, showed up told me not to touch the deal or he'll do bad things to us."

"Classic devil."

"Yeah he also gave me an ominous warning that I should quit while I'm behind."

"You get that a lot too, I mean I understand if you want to, but so many times witches, fortune tellers, oddly prescient grave stones, have told me I should just hang it up, but you know I'm still here."

"This is the new normal I guess."

"That's a good way of looking at it, so speaking of new normal, I need you to look up where you find a Weado."

"Someone who likes japanese anime?"

"That would be a weaboo, now Weadoo, w e a d o, its a water spirit and next on the list."

"Looks like swamps, and a quick google search pulls up louisiana as having a lot sightings."

"Fantastic, I wanted to feel like I didn't have enough deoderant on my balls."

"Gross."

No comments:

Post a Comment