Friday, June 28, 2019

Trans Dimensional Liar Thank You

127.

"Trezlan this is no time for your bullshit." Gilbert could feel the injury with each step, but he still wouldn't put up with Trezlan no matter how hurt he was.

"My bullshit? Ha this from a monster exterminator who doesn't even carry a sword. But since you have a younger companion with you an apprentice of some sort perhaps I'll be kinder, today one time only I'll allow you to bother me with your demands." Trezlan talked almost too fast for Clarissa, like a conman well aware you aren't buying into the con.

"You're too kind."

"It's my worst character trait I admit, since I've been stuck in your world I've grown weaker, its exposure to you people, like a virus I feel infected to be kind, I can not return fast enough."

"Wait you're not from this world?" Clarissa was surprised by this even after everything she'd seen.

"So he claims, but Trezlan also claims to be hundreds of years old, he's the kind of liar you run into if you're unlucky once in a lifetime."

"And Gilbert is one of those uninteresting dullards who does not believe you even when the local natives have stories of you that date back to before this land was settled!"

"Yeah the natives also have a name for you too Trezlan, I can't get the sounds right, but it translates to 'bald man who lies'." Trezlan frowned.

"After everything I've done for them some of it even they asked for, just goes to show you no gratitude for the helpful, speaking of which we're done here out of my shop so paying customers can arrive." Gilbert turned around and looked at the no one in the store.

"I am a paying customer Trezlan, if you let me tell you what I want." Trezlan glowered, but didn't leave his place at the front of the store.

"Well what do you want?"

"Living Elk Horn."

"I don't sell animals here." Trezlan smiled, Gilbert was not having it.

"You know what I want."

"I do, but making people miserable is my favorite thing."

"Mission accomplished, now the Elk horn."

"Popular item that Elk horn, had a park ranger type in here the other day looking for some." Gilbert felt a twinge of pain go through his shoulder at the mention of the park ranger. Clarissa tensed up herself.

"Did you? Last guy I talked to that said that turned out to be one of the things we're hunting."

"I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG!" Trezlan was triumphant like a child, which assured Gilbert he wasn't most likely a Skin Walker, but he wouldn't put it past them to try and trick him either. "I mean anytime someone said Roy Smith recommended me, ha not in this life time, so what are they some kind of changeling?"

"Yeah skin walkers, they can look like people, but they ain't."

"Ooh skin walkers let me write that one down." Trezlan produced a fairly large book and pen and started to write. Gilbert went to say something and Trezlan shushed him. Clarissa found the whole scene funny.

"So do you have the horn or not Trezlan?"

"I do, but you can only have it one condition." Gilbert sighed he knew what was coming, but also knew he needed the horn.

"What is the condition?"

"You have to take me with you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment