Friday, April 12, 2019

Of The LA Sewer Troubles

116.

"I honestly wish we were back with the man eating mushrooms." Clarissa had on hip waders and she was knee deep in water she preferred not to think about. The temperature in the sewer was over a hundred and it was only ten in the morning.

"That job sucked, and we didn't even get paid, stupid redneck sheriffs claiming its a common thing and we didn't do enough to stop it, its enough to put the working man off of helping country folk for a while." Gilbert still felt the call for help warranted at least a finders fee for helping to deal with the mushroom folk.

"Why aren't the like LA pd handling this? Like isn't this a cop thing?"

"Cops got better things to do than get killed."

"And we don't?"

"Sorry I was just referring to a movie that came out before you were born, best I could tell animal control was called they went missing, sheriffs department was called they went missing, and then when swat was called someone saw something 'distrubing' and they left, so now here we are getting paid a hefty sum to find it and kill it."

"Probably an alligator."

"That's new york and trust me it ain't gators in their sewers." Gilbert shuddered, what he'd seen under Manhattan couldn't be unseen.

"Well at least I brought some poison."

"To a water way, which will probably poison the surrounding area for years if you use it."

"What's worse poisoned water way or dead us?" Gilbert scowled, but it was dark and Clarissa couldn't see it as she was in front with a flash light.

"Just keep looking."

"For what again? I'm pretty sure I saw a dead rat a while back, but I don't think the plague is what we're looking for."

"I dunno something that would scare a Swat person."

"A grand jury summons over a police shooting?"

"Clarissa!" She chuckled to herself and then stopped dead in her tracks, Gilbert almost ran into her. He shined his light past her and saw the bodies of several city workers and sheriffs, partially eaten.

"Well shit, at least we found the people we were looking for, I wonder if the sheriff's here had that Mcgruff the crime dog thing up here? Because someone took a bite out of them."

"Clarissa that is terrible, this is serious."

"I know the smell just got a lot worse and the day isn't even half way over."

"Clarissa!" Gilbert was chuckling, though he didn't want to be. "Girl you're lucky these men are dead, you got to keep that kind of shit to yourself."

"Next time we're in a sewer in a hundred degree heat I'll keep my sass to myself."

"It's all I'm asking."

No comments:

Post a Comment